The Society is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to the preservation of the Maine State Building and All Souls Chapel in Poland Spring, both listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The Society's other objectives include offering educational programming for school children and the general public, preserving the rich heritage of Poland Spring, providing low cost entertainment to the community through their annual summer concert series, art shows and other programming activities as well as creating opportunities for the engagement and collaboration of individuals from various backgrounds and generations.
The Society was founded as a non-profit in 1976 and has been caring for the All Souls Chapel and Maine State Building, its biggest holdings, continuously since 1977.
Selected Poland Spring Preservation Society images:
- Office, Poland Spring House, 1885
- Cooper shop, Poland Spring, ca. 1885
- Poland Spring House office, 1894
- Poland Spring House office, ca. 1885
- Menu, Poland Spring resort, 1884
- Spring House, Poland Spring, 1885
- Ladies' Parlor, Poland Spring House, ca. 1895
- Menu, Poland Spring House, 1940
- Card requesting Poland water, New York, ca. 1900